Truist Associate - CIB Risk & Regulatory Execution in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0026185
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
CIB Risk and Regulatory Execution Team Overview
The Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Risk and Regulatory Execution (RRE) team designs, manages, and documents the overarching CIB Risk Management processes that encompass all CIB business lines. This is a highly visible team that drives critical internal presentations for the CIB Risk Officers, CIB Leadership and the firm, such as the CIB Executive Team, CIB Head of Compliance, CIB Head of Operational Risk and CIB Audit. The team also aids in the development and documentation of risk playbooks and procedures for the sub lines of business to help drive and execute sound risk management practices. In addition, this team engages as the business lead for Wholesale/Enterprise system implementations and business changes impacting CIB and serves in an advisory role with the leadership teams to ensure integration points are captured appropriately and effectively. The team also partners with functional teams to ensure CIB risk issues are successfully resolved, manage prioritization of technology projects, manage vendor relationships and monitor third party vendor risk status. CIB Risk and Regulatory Execution – Associate The Associate role on the CIB RRE team helps drive the risk management platform, manage risk processes, and promote sound risk mitigation practices and compliance with regulations and laws that impact all CIB business and product lines, including Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Capital Markets and Asset Finance
Duties include but are not limited to the following:Serve as an advisor to CIB leaders on Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance by:
- Understanding the CIB businesses and product lines, including the key processes, risks and controls associated with them
- Maintaining a knowledge of the organization, operations, policies and procedures (including applicable laws and regulations) that CIB operates
- Proactively supporting management on the establishment of internal controls, monitoring techniques and supervisory oversight by championing a strong risk culture
- Advocating incorporation of risk management in the implementation and changes of systems and processes
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of best practices playbooks and procedures for each LOB, while ensuring adherence to enterprise and compliance documentation standards
- Perform quality assurance activities, and work to enhance internal control environment across CIB
- Assist with preparing documents for ongoing regulatory exams, walk-throughs and audits including consolidated reporting for executive level review
- Assist in the identification of root-cause, document and escalate issues for episodic and recurring symptomatic events
- Engage other risk partners in the development of action-plans and preventative solutions, and assist in the execution of remediation efforts
- Work with CIB Business Unit Risk Management (BURM) and CIB Compliance to develop and report group level Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Support the deployment and monitoring of compliance and risk training across CIB
- Execute CIB Risk Operation activities including Deal Team Administration, Information Access Management, Physical Access Management, Business Continuity, Business Impact Analysis and Disaster Recovery plan reviews, and other recurring activities associated with maintenance of the firm’s risk infrastructure
- Maintain the administrative infrastructure for CIB including organizational charts, committee charters, and ensure the ease of access to risk and training materials including maintenance of the CIB knowledge share intranet site
Prepare presentations for functional partners and senior leadership Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field or equivalent education and related experience
- Four years of banking, auditing or other relevant experience related to area of responsibility Excellent team player
- Ability to work independently and with a team Understanding of risk management and process concepts
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of investment banking, capital markets, risk management and/or assurance
- Creative and innovative Inquisitive and willingness to learn
- Excellent decision-making and analytic skills Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.