Truist CIS Principal Consultant / Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0029826
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
A highly-skilled, senior contributor, accountable for researching, designing and engineering information security technology systems (software and hardware). Utilize in-depth technical/project knowledge and business requirements to design secure solutions to meet customer/client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Serve as organization spokesperson on specialized projects. Act as a prime technical lead on large projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives. Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Provide direction and guidance to others in the group. Work under minimal supervision, with general guidance from management. Would be able to lead a team of engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Lead the development and integration of technologies in support of Corporate Information Security (CIS).
Partner with architecture and strategy teams on the evaluation, testing, selection, and architectural design of new information security technologies and the integration of existing technologies into new use cases.
Develop/invent highly innovative solutions within multiple information security technologies, theories and/or techniques that impact CIS strategy.
Develop security designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements.
Maintain awareness of existing and emerging information security technologies, strategies and trends.
Develop risk mitigation plans to resolve vulnerabilities and recommend security changes to systems, as needed.
Develop high level design documents for new technologies.
Lead the development and maintenance of production support and production hand-off documentation and associated processes.
Ensure current-state documentation is accurate and maintained.
Build strong partnerships with senior management to drive adoption of CIS strategy across IT and other functions. Strongly Desired Requirements:
- Broad knowledge of directory services, identity systems, and ancillary services and how they interface with other systems in an enterprise.
- Fundamental knowledge of various enterprise platforms, networking, SQL Server, Exchange, Skype/Teams, Sharepoint, etc.
- Deep knowledge and enterprise-level experience with Active Directory, Federations Services (ADFS or other SAML-based authentication systems), Azure Active Directory, AWS Account Federations, etc.
- Engineering-level understanding provisioning, authentication, and authorization protocols.
- Deep knowledge of Windows Security Subsystems.
- Background in automation scripting.
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure identity systems.
- Strong proficiency with Visio and Powerpoint to develop technical and business documentation and presentations
- Ability to effectively lead a team of engineers and project managers to complete project deliverables.
- Ability to partner with key leaders across the organization to get projects completed.
- Takes ownership and accountability for delivering projects.
- Business acumen needed to drive presentations at a management level.
- Completion of a management leadership course and prior experience managing personnel preferred. Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems-related field, or equivalent education and related training
Fifteen years of industry-recognized information security experience and technical leadership
Strong functional and technical knowledge of information security capabilities with deep expertise in one or more of the following areas: Active Directory, Encryption, Data Security, Application Security, End Point Security, Identity and Access Management, Windows/Unix/Linux Systems Security, Mainframe Security, Perimeter Security, Network Security, Mobility Security, Cloud Security, Cyber Security, Cryptography, or Authentication Systems
Strong understanding of application architecture as it relates to authentication and authorization
Strong understanding of service lifecycle management, strategic planning and the cyber security landscape
Proficiency in scripting languages (ie. Powershell, Ruby, Python, or Visual Basic)
Business acumen and effective communication skills
Ability to establish strong relationships with the corresponding technical community
Ability to serve as a visionary concerning future technological capabilities and operational scenarios; ability to create new business models and technologies
Ability to create change
Ability to unify activities within the BB&T technology community, coordinating with other businesses and engineering organizations, as needed
Demonstrated leadership skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills and soft skills
Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight OtherDesired Skills:
- Experience with Centrify Server Suite and Idaptive
- Experience with, AWS IAM, Federation Services
- Knowledge of financial services industry and all applicable regulations and industry standards Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- Other security certifications (e.g. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security, GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification)
- Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Perimeter
- Protection Analyst (GPPA))
- Other technical certifications (e.g. CCNA, Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.