Truist Corporate Tax Sr Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0034136
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Highly experienced tax subject matter expert role with extensive knowledge of relevant tax law and tax and regulatory accounting principles and concepts. Manage other teammates within the Corporate Tax department, effectively managing resources to produce timely and quality work in the areas of compliance, planning, and controversy, and engaging with Tax senior management and business partners, advising on the impact of tax issues and changes.
- Direct the preparation and use of all tax records and information, as required, for proper completion of federal, state, and local tax returns. Includes reviewing and overseeing the preparation of such returns, effectively managing resources and escalating issues where appropriate.
- Research, analyze and resolve moderately complex tax issues, applying a thorough understanding of relevant tax law and tax and regulatory accounting principles and concepts. Document and communicate solutions (both verbally and in writing) to tax and non-tax professionals at various levels within the organization.
- Supervise the maintenance of accounting for income tax records necessary for proper Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) financial statement presentation.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and recommends solutions to more complex issues, and escalates where appropriate.
- Mentor and coach less experienced teammates to build their own technical expertise and delegate work as appropriate.
- Engage with business partners to analyze the tax implications of proposed and existing business transactions, identifying and researching solutions, and appropriately communicating conclusions.
- Identify and analyze tax planning opportunities and manage broad-based project teams to effectively implement tax planning initiatives.
- Coordinate and review responses to inquiries from taxing authorities. Effectively communicate with taxing authorities to manage the audit process, where appropriate. Required Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree and CPA.
- 7 years of professional experience including Big 4 or large corporate tax experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years of reviewing moderate to complex tax returns and leading teams.
- Advanced understanding of principles, practices, theories and/or methodologies associated with the tax discipline, including knowledge of tax return software.
- Strong computer skills in Excel and other Microsoft products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced analytical skills and tax research skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise judgement in solving technical, operational, and organizational challenges in the context of business objectives and priorities.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance in only the most complex and unusual situations. Preferred Qualifications:
- 10 years of Big 4 or large corporate tax experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree in Taxation (MS or JD/LLM).
- Banking or financial services taxation experience.
- Experience in REIT tax compliance and research.
- Experience in equipment leasing tax compliance and research.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.