Truist Cyber Operations Production Support Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0031583
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Job Description Summary Cyber Operations Production Support’s core responsibility is to ensure to continuity of technical operations for the Cyber Operations division. This team will monitor all tools owned by Security Operation for performance, availability, coverage, and capacity (including license usage).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.)
- Serve as tier-1/tier-2 support for all security tools owned by Cyber Security Operations.
- Be responsible for the overall health of the tools, doing the required administration to keep things running.
- Respond to monitoring alerts accordingly.
- Lead the implementation of new information security technologies or integration of existing technologies, including initial configuration, installation, change management and operational handoff.
- Respond to support request via ServiceNow and email.
- Escalation of issues to vendors when necessary.
- Support training of less experienced personnel.
Provide 24x7 on-call availability for supported information security technology infrastructure. Required Skills and Competencies: (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Associates’ degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or higher equivalent education and related training.
- 2 years of experience in Information Security.
- 5 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Basic understanding of applied enterprise information security technologies including, but not limited to, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, network operating systems, identity management, encryption, and content filtering.
- Ability to troubleshoot data flow, do problem analysis and systems tuning; adept with network interfaces and technologies.
- Proficiency with Windows Server and Red Hat Linux, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise IT environments, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and other networking topics.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Desired Skills:
Knowledge of financial services industry and all applicable regulations and industry standards.
- Security certifications (e.g. CISSP, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security, GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) Security Essentials Certification (GESC), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Perimeter Protection Analyst (GPPA))
- Other technical certifications (e.g. CCNA, Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE))
- Knowledge of one or more programming/script languages with proficiency in development of systems and process automation. Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.