Truist Power BI Solutions Architect in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0044394
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email toAccessibilityor call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
The Power BI Solutions Architect supports the Business Intelligence (BI) Center of Excellence (COE) Consulting Team and Truist BI Strategy through prototyping and demonstrating new analytics capabilities and visualizations, leading tool consultations, developing custom BI and data integration solutions, and supporting Truist’s Enterprise BI platforms: Power BI, MicroStrategy and Tableau.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Researches emerging technologies, performs extensive functional and technical analysis on new and existing reporting capabilities, and prototypes next-generation tools in Truist environment for feasibility and functionality
• Leads assessment, design, development and documentation of tailored Power BI, Tableau & MicroStrategy BI and data integration solutions
• Supports Merger through analysis of features and visualization types best fit for conversion of legacy Qlik and Cognos reports and dashboards to Power BI and Tableau
• Interviews Line of Business (LOB) partners to understand analytics needs, identify and resolve tool gaps, provide reporting architectural expertise and systems and process design recommendations that aligns to Truist BI strategy
• Creates team newsletter communications and Marketing materials, and updates content on internal Sharepoint Site
• Creates sample data sets, report mockups, test cases, and success criteria for tool Proofs-of-Concepts, documents features and execution steps, and presents key findings and tool recommendations
• Performs data preparation, data validation, data modeling and functional testing for custom data solutions
• Performs ad-hoc tool consultations by trouble-shooting metric calculation, report errors, data connection setup and integration issues, performance tuning, and tailored tool demonstrations
• Leads UX and UI consults through data visualization guidance, user story and wireframe creation, dashboard re-design, and theme and template application
• Enables tool, data and web integration through research, development and deployment of custom APIs and extensions
• Leads small to medium projects with manageable risks and resource requirements with minimal supervision
• Partners with Engagement to deliver tool training, lead tool Doctors Hours, and facilitate BI LOB engagement meetings
• Partners with Platform Architects on creation of development standards, code reviews, security setup, license management and escalated operational support
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience in systems engineering or administration or equivalent education and related training or experience
• In-depth knowledge of Linux, Unix, Windows Shell Programming, Python, Git, Networking, Storage Systems
• Previous experience in planning and managing IT projects
• 4-7 years experience in developing dashboards, reports, data models, complex MDX and DAX queries, dimensions and measures in Power BI and other self-service analytics tools such as Tableau and Qlik Sense
• 2-3 years experience as a Power BI Platform Architect supporting back-end infrastructure and operations, developing integrations and automated solutions leveraging Azure, Power Platform, and Microsoft technical stack
• Proficient in reporting architecture, software design principles and development life cycle
• Self-starter with strong analytical, trouble-shooting, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Banking or Financial Services experience
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.