Truist Quantitative Model Validation Officer in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0027711
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Under the general supervision of the Senior Model Validation Officer, perform advanced level model validation for the corporation. Focus primarily on model validation and quantitative analysis, but also evaluate other model controls and serve as a resource for the corporation in all model risk management related tasks.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Independently perform model validations spanning credit risk, market risk, and capital planning domains to assess fit for purpose, conceptual soundness, mathematical theory and construct, assumptions, data/assumptions, and output reasonableness.
- Evaluate other model controls such as model performance tracking, change management, access control, and documentation.
- Evaluation of validation findings remediation activity including analytical evaluation of residual risk. Document validation effort in the form of a written report.
Directly support and assist in the duties of the Senior Model Validation Officer. Required Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent education and related training.Basic computer programming skills (Python, MatLab, SAS, VBA, etc.).
Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills.High attention to detail and ability to think at the organizational level. Preferred Qualifications:
Ph.D. in quantitative finance, mathematics, statistics or a related field. One or more of CFA/PRM/FRM professional designation.
- Advanced competency programming in languages such as Java, C++, TensorFlow, SAS etc.
- Exposure to one or more financial modeling disciplines such as credit score modeling, asset-liability management, stress testing, term structure modeling, capital markets, trading book products such as Rates, FX, Equity, Commodity, CDS, MBS, and derivatives, value-at-risk, capital planning models, loan loss reserve (CECL) modeling, etc. Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.