Truist Sr. Application Developer - IBM CMOD in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0029001
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Delivers technically complex solutions.
- Performs system integration support for all project work. This includes but is not limited to customized coding, software integration, analysis, configuring solutions, or using tools such as, but not limited to, Pega, FileNet, WebSphere integration products to configure or generate a solution.
- Conducts robust unit testing and provides support for subsequent release testing.
- Leads and participates in the development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of highly complex solutions in adherence to company standards.
- Provides escalated support for highly complex applications in production.
- Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives.
- Solves complex technical and operational problems.
- Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience.
- May have people management responsibilities for a small team.
- May serve as a Developer (Software Engineer) on an Agile team.
- In an Agile environment: Primarily responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable tasks.
- Leverages continuous engineering practices to deliver business value.
- Actively participates in refining user stories.
- Responsible for development and developing unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing.
- Responsible for providing warranty support and providing knowledge transfer to production support.
Develops code in accordance with the acceptance criteria established by the Product Owner. Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience as a developer or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Expert knowledge/experience with Content Manager On Demand (CMOD)
- Working knowledge/experience with Content Navigator
- Thorough understanding/usage Java
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information. Preferred Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Mainframe experience/knowledge a plus!
- Knowledge of specific applications or business segments.
- Application development experience within banking or financial services industry.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Professional experience building apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level.
- Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of SOA methodologies and service architectures.
- Experience using web servers, application containers, caching technologies.
- Solid knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling).
- Experience with messaging systems (i.e., MQ and JMS).
- Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Proven ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests. Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.