Truist Technical Claims Specialist - McGriff Insurance Services in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0036243
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Support Clients and Producers by servicing clients enterprise-wide; Expected to manage and deliver assigned complex claim and coverage evaluations on all insurance lines; Deliver value added claim consulting services to clients and involvement with new sales opportunities.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time
- Develop, foster strategic client relationships, understanding client’s business sufficiently to provide studies and recommendations focused on specific client needs, ensuring accuracy, timeliness of client-related communications.
- Enhance McGriff Insurance Services Inc.’s relations with key customers; and assist in the direction of carrier-provided claim adjusting services.
- Confirm coverage and accurately manage claims to positive outcomes for assigned clients.
- Ability to develop and produce coherent and comprehensive written responses to reservation of rights letters and coverage denials.
- Provide educational presentations to both internal and external clients on various policies, coverages, risk management issues and emerging risk.
- Aide Claim Manager as a resource by mentoring and developing internal consultants.
- Conduct studies for clients in areas such as: (select as appropriate to the position) Cost of Risk Containment and Claim Mitigation;
- Communicate effectively with clients and service team, so as to maintain highest level of client satisfaction with McGriff;
- Participate in the development and review of service plans.
- Identify, pursue appropriate business development opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Maintain knowledge of insurance/risk management-related technical developments and claim trends, ensuring that client studies reflect best current thinking.
- Support sales and service marketing efforts related to account renewals and new business opportunities. Required Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of ten years of experience in a claim adjusters role or broker claim consulting role
- In-depth understanding of claim best practices and able to read and interpret complicated policies and insurance contracts
- Understand and apply computer and communications technology applicable to the position
- Insurance Adjuster’s License and licensed in accordance with local requirements
- Superior writing skills to convey and explain complex issues and ideas
- Excellent deductive reasoning skills and problem solving ability
Continuing Education and professional associations to stay abreast of insurance claims matters Preferred Qualifications:
Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Associate in Claims (AIC) designation
- Experience in insurance carrier underwriting
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.