Truist Wealth Data & Analytics Data Scientist in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: R0035441
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Reporting to the Data & Analytics Manager, the Data Scientist is accountable for providing data analytics to Truist Wealth, across the full suite of products and client experience. While working with Sr. Data Scientist and the Data Scientist Team Leader the primary focus areas include portfolio, scenario, and strategic analysis, and ad-hoc Executive analytics. Other focus areas include marketing campaign response, evaluating success of strategic initiatives, account acquisition and management, delinquency and default, overall portfolio asset quality, and portfolio acquisitions and divestitures.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time. Translate business opportunities into data science problems by defining project scope and performance metrics to measure success Perform sophisticated data analytics (encompassing data mining, inferential statistical analysis, and predictive analytics, for example) utilizing internal and external data Work with Sr. Data Scientist and Data Scientist Team Leader to identify actionable insights that measurably improve business outcomes or reduces business risk through complex analysis that results in successfully presenting findings to key stakeholder Work with Sr. Data Scientist and Data Scientist Team Leader to story tell with data by creating clear, concise, and relevant presentations that leverage data visualization tools to highlight and communicate opportunity to business stakeholders Collect and prepare data for reporting, analysis, and ad hoc request which encompasses exploratory to advanced predictive and/or modeling analytics to identify data relationships, patterns, and trends. Collaborate and partner with teammates in Wealth Data and Analytics, EDO, Technology, and other business specific D&A teams to build best in class approaches to solve business and analytical problems, share best practices, and cross pollinate data knowledge Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field related Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Computer science, Engineering, Finance with accredited data & analytics certifications and/or demonstrated commitment to the data and analytics career path through coursework
- 3-5 years of relevant financial services, data & analytics experience, and experience developing statistics and machine learning models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate technical details at a level appropriate for the audience
- Attention to detail and a sense of ownership for deliverables.
- Ability to perform and deliver under very demanding and/or ambiguous situations Moderate reporting and automation experience leveraging BI and analytics applications
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and proven ability to perform and deliver under very demanding and/or ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in one or more of the following languages SAS (base, enterprise guide or enterprise miner) and/or R/Python while working on projects to Probability and Statistics, Finance (financial ratios, interest rates, yield curve), or data mining.
Hands-on experience working with large databases and deep understanding of one or many of the following: Decision trees, Linear and Nonlinear regressions, neural nets, ensembles, Market Basket analysis, Time series forecasting, deep learning, text mining and various model assessment & performance metrics Preferred Qualifications:
Master’s degree in business and/or a quantitative field related Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Computer science, or Engineering
- Experience with big data technology (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.) and data processing pipeline.
- Back ground within Wealth Management
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.