Truist Institutional Client Strategist - Sterling Capital Management - Location TBD in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0029040
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Sterling Capital Management LLC (Sterling), headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, is a registered investment adviser founded in 1970 with offices in Raleigh, NC; Richmond, VA; Philadelphia, PA; Virginia Beach, VA; Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA and Jupiter, FL. The firm is an independently operated subsidiary of Truist Financial Corporation, the sixth-largest U.S. bank holding company, with Sterling’s management and key professionals retaining a minority portion of profit interests in the firm. As of June 30, 2020, the firm had 161 employees and over $59 billion in assets under management providing investment management services to a diversified group of clients including corporate, public, endowment, foundation, and health care investment pools. Sterling specializes in the management of fixed income, equity and multi-asset portfolios.
Client Strategists are responsible for origination and servicing institutional clients. Client Strategists will obtain client relationships directly and through consultant and Truist banking partnerships. These relationships will be obtained by offering specific investment solutions and product knowledge. Client Strategists work with senior members of the team to cover territories and in providing investment solutions to clients.
This position does not need to be located in Charlotte, North Carolina. Open for discussion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and execute business plan to target institutional investors across the corporate, healthcare, insurance, government, pension, sovereign, and financial institution channels
* Proactively working with Truist investment, capital markets, and specialty banking functions
* Proactively develop and maintain relationships with relevant national and regional investment
* Maintain a strong working knowledge about the firm’s primary strategies and foster/incubate new strategies
* Conduct client needs analysis and provide appropriate solutions utilizing the full breadth and depth
* of Sterling Capital’s investment solutions
* Represent the firm with integrity and expertise in the marketplace
* Jointly work with the Fixed Income, Equity, multi-asset teams, and Head of Institutional Distribution to understand and position the firm’s investment views
* Leverage peer analysis to position the firm’s products effectively relative to competitors
* Sponsor client on-boarding process and continue to advocate for the needs of assigned clients
* Exceed client service expectations through proactive, on-going communication and attention to
* client needs and requests
* Call upon resources of the firm (people and technology) to provide valuable solutions to strengthen relationships and meet sales expectations. Key internal partners include investment management, legal, risk management, operations, product management, marketing, compliance, information technology and others
* Jointly work with Senior Client Strategists and Head of Institutional Distribution to enhance solutions materials
* Travel domestically and internationally (as required) to develop new relationships, as well as service existing clients Required Qualifications:
* FINRA Series 7 or 6 and Series 63 required or must be obtained within three months from date of hire
* BS/BA degree required
* 3-5 years of experience in the investment management industry, with at one three years of
* successful business development and relationship management experience
* Team-player who is able to work in an environment where there is reciprocity and contacts are
* leveraged for mutual benefit
* Able to communicate expert investment solutions
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with proven ability to communicate complexity
* with simplicity
* Intelligent, independent thinker with maturity and good judgment; hard working and strong
* organizational skills
* An interest and willingness to maintain best practices and procedures that foster world-class client origination and service
* Willingness and ability to travel frequently, including the potential for extended workdays and
* weekend assignments Preferred Qualifications:
MBA, CFA, CAIA, CTP Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.