Truist IT Risk Management Strategic Initiatives Officer in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0027132
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
The IT Risk Management Consultant is a Risk Management technology specialist and business generalist. Provide risk management consulting and research to internal business clients for their Information Technology (IT) related projects and initiatives by working with Business Unit Management, external vendors, and internal IT service providers. Actively promote standards, integrate solutions, and maintain the strategic direction of IT by providing high-quality client services in the most productive and cost-effective manner possible.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CHARLOTTE, NC, BUT WILL REQUIRE TRAVEL TO OTHER TRUIST SITES Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Collaborate with internal IT service providers in evaluating and gathering technical requirements for risk management focused projects and initiatives.
- Research clients’ requirements to develop potential technical solutions by interacting with any internal and/or external solution providers and subject matter experts.
- Communicate and document potential solutions, impact analysis, benefits/risks, implementation requirements, and recommended approach.
- Remain aware of the corporate technology, infrastructure, standards, processes, and strategic direction and to use these tools to help guide the client in accomplishing their business goals.
- Advise on options, improvements, cost savings opportunities and cross-project impact to other business processes and systems priorities.
- Provide approved project guidance and support services, as needed Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent education and related training
- Five years of demonstrated progressive experience in information technology areas of application, IT risk, networking, telecommunications, database, servers, security and web in a medium to large corporation at the enterprise level or similar consulting experience
- Clear ability to express complex multi disciplinarytechnical/telecommunicationsand business concepts in terms that are understandable to all levels of Lines of Business and corporate management both verbally and in writing
- Ability to grasp the ‘big picture’ for a solution by considering all potential options and impacted areas
- Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies
Excellent understanding of client service models and customer orientation in service delivery
Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.