Truist Product Owner-Agile in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0035988
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
This role is a Product Owner in the Scaled Agile Framework who partners with product managers to balance business, technology and design priorities to deliver brand-defining product and service experiences. The position requires the ability to understand strategic impacts but concentrates on the day-to-day details in order to ensure tactical execution. This role focuses on the digital onboarding experience for Truist’s digital investing solution, working with the Wealth product team to create and enhance the client experience as the business grows.
The Product Owner is responsible for executing the strategy for their area of responsibility based on client and company needs, which can include client experience, back office processes or systemic processes outside the client journey. They are a key resource in backlog management for the teams. The Product Owner works hand-in-hand with Product Managers to translate the product vision into epics and features that can be actioned by the delivery teams. The work will span the entire delivery process; from assisting with identification of areas for improvement, to more detailed work in authoring user stories, working closely with technical leads/scrum teams to ensure the solution effectively addresses experience priorities while maintaining technical integrity, and overseeing tactical execution of efforts.
Taking a holistic perspective, this position is responsible for delivering the digital application and onboarding experience across all related pieces within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Previous experience working as a Product Owner for Agile team(s)
- Digital investing industry knowledge, including understanding of competitor offerings, industry trends, and particular familiarity with the mass affluent investing space; desire to become an industry expert
- Brokerage operations and regulatory knowledge
- Experience working with distributed teams (onshore/offshore)
Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (or equivalent) Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.)
Lead their delivery team’s priorities in PI planning, sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies; aligned to larger experience platform priorities and vision defined by product management.
- Align with product managers to clearly articulate product strategy to the delivery team.
- Deliver new experiences by working directly with delivery, experience design, business, and operations partners to design new products and improvements to existing capabilities.
- Author and maintain the team’s backlog of user stories and serve as a subject matter expert on features, user stories, and product capabilities.
- Perform triage on critical issues and communicate consistently and clearly with all concerned parties.
- Serve as key resource to development team to answer questions, provide clarifications, and conduct and coordinate business validation, focusing on fitness for use.
- Update leadership on the epic and feature delivery schedule, including dependencies impacting deliverables, along with recommended solutions.
- Partner with solution architects and other technical leads to ensure their solutions effectively address program priorities while balancing client experience and technical integrity.
- Facilitate sprint planning with stakeholder groups to drive alignment and visibility for which features will be built when, and to ensure overall adherence to the product roadmap and enterprise strategic themes.
- Facilitate sprint demos and provide final acceptance for completed user stories in sprint demos; ensuring that the story meets acceptance criteria and otherwise meets its definition of done.
- Co-ordinate the creation of release-specific business documents, such as support model definitions, go/no-go approvals, internal release notes, and release-related living documents.
- Risk management: Ensure all Product Management Lifecycle (PML) process & procedures are followed, supporting security, risk, audit, and more, and ensure action items and deadlines are met.
Partner with product manager on evidence to support recommendations. Required Qualifications: (The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering, design, or technology field; or related field or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Five or more years of banking, financial services, digital, or other relevant work experience
- Three or more years of product, analysis, technology, and/or design experience
- Three or more years of leading cross functional teams
- Experience defining and delivering digital business initiatives to execute on a product roadmap
- Demonstrated technical acumen and an ability to work with the technology organization to align product and technology roadmaps
- Ability to translate strategic plans into tactical daily actions for execution
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Comfortable managing concurrent projects in a fast-based, results-driven environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity, leading work autonomously, and making independent decisions
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues
- Excellent skills in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.