Truist Risk Management Sr. Strategic Initiatives Officer in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0027133
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Research, evaluate and recommend solutions for implementing major strategic changes within the Risk Management Organization. Be a thought leader and facilitate complex and comprehensive cross-functional initiatives consistent with Truist's objectives. Develop forward-looking systems and processes that support risk management and the Corporation’s risk management culture.
Location: position can be remote with travel to Charlotte. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Plan and execute high-impact/complex cross-functional projects to improve risk management processes. This includes leading major initiatives and providing direction to establish functions critical to successful business operations including in-depth analysis of issues and requirements, governance plans, peer research, business process design and documentation, business leadership on system and technical solutions, facilitation across internal departments and functions, and communications and change management strategies.
- Identify, analyze, develop and implement strategic process improvements to mitigate risk within and across multiple lines of business. Serve as subject matter expert and point of contact to ensure the development of critical action plans to address any pertinent risk issues.
- Own and execute additional responsibilities/projects assigned by the Chief Risk Officer (e.g., Risk Management Organization’s compensation studies, Mergers and Acquisition (M&A) due diligence).
- Develop and manage budgets, planning and staffing models for all managed process improvement initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate sessions to set direction and create change for key business processes from a technological and workflow perspective.
- Coordinate and manage project assignments and provide feedback and coaching to project team members.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key business partners with special emphasis on Audit, 2nd Line Risk, Regulatory Relations / Exam Managment, Corporate Compliance, and members of the Senior Leadership Team.
Stay abreast of emerging issues related to Risk Management, Banking regulations, Total Quality Management, business process automation and design and other relevant disciplines and incorporate new learning into the work processes of Strategic Initiatives. Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, or equivalent education and related training
- Fifteen years of banking or related management experience
- Previous experience leading quality and process improvement efforts in a corporate environment
- Quality/process improvement-related designation
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Expert knowledge of bank operations, systems, compliance and regulatory issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to interact with all levels of management effectively
- Excellent negotiating, conflict management and consulting skills
- Proven experience in public speaking and group facilitation
- Strong quality orientation and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Proficient computer skills, including quality software applications and project management software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office Project)
- Ability to manage complex projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Desired Skills:
- Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA) or advanced degree in business management or statistics
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Graduate of external banking degree program
- BB&T Leadership Development Program or Banking School graduate
- Experience in previous leadership/high impact decision roles Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.