Truist Senior Financial Analyst in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0027657
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Complete and interpret a variety of complex financial, regulatory and/or business analyses of financial information, trend analyses, revenue performance and expense management. Coordinate with other departments in the preparation of such analyses. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management. Act as team lead for more junior staff, as assigned. Provide project financial analysis for initiatives with potential financial reporting impact. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Coordinate financial analysis and reporting process workflow within team.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for less experienced team members; review and approve work of other team members.
- Ensure that changes to reporting process workflow and/or source data are documented and communicated to downstream reporting groups.
- Respond to inquiries and provide thorough analysis of financial information for assigned area of responsibility.
- Confer with Accounting Policy on requests related to external audits or regulatory examinations.
- Compile and submit timely and accurate reports related to complex aspects of the Bank’s financial performance or strategy.
- These may include: pro-forma projections for acquisitions; income/expense or cash flow forecasts; regulatory interpretations, variance analyses and explanations for financial statement line items; or summaries, charts and graphs of data to highlight key results.
- Ensure that source data is reliable and complete and documentation is maintained to support data integrity initiatives.
- Interpret and summarize results and trends for Executive Management.
- Build/maintain specialized product/technical expertise for assigned area.
- Monitor financial performance to detect unusual or significant transactions or trend development.
- Conduct or assist in root-cause analysis, as assigned.
- Become familiar with products, fees and fee codes, business cycles, origination channels and accounting flow for assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintain financial information via the use of simple spreadsheets to more complex databases.
- Maintain necessary documentation of source data, ensuring adequate support of data integrity.
- Review and update policies and procedures for compliance with governmental regulations and corporate policies and standards.
- Coordinate development of new accounting processes and procedures, as needed.
- Analyze business and accounting processes for control and efficiency improvements.
- Maintain a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles; build expertise related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements; build expertise related to area of responsibility.
- Provide line of business (LOB) personnel with the monthly performance review package by preparing and providing explanation of changes and identification of trends for use in discussions with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and other members of Executive Management.
- Review and interpret more complex contracts or agreements for proper accounting treatment, as required.
Coordinate and/or assist with internal or external audits and examinations (responses to External and Regulatory requests are to be made in collaboration with Accounting Policy). Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent education and related training.
- Eight years of relevant accounting experience that includes complex financial analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated sound and logical decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight. Desired Skills:
Five years of financial services accounting experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, or Chartered Financial Analyst.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.