Truist Senior Internal Auditor - IT in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0035049
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Truist Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for assisting in the completion and documentation of risk based internal audit assurance activities that may include complex assignments. The Truist Senior Internal Auditor will interpret the results of audit work performed, determine internal control weaknesses, and make value-added recommendations. On occasion, the Truist Senior Internal Auditor may lead segments or primary elements of smaller audits or special reviews.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Prepare for and lead effective client interviews and document interview results via narratives, flowcharts and process maps for complex business processes.
- Analyze process documentation to evaluate design effectiveness and efficiency of controls.
- Design and execute testing strategy by incorporating the use of data analytics.
- Identify internal control weaknesses, including risks, and root cause.
- Assist in guiding junior team members to enhance achievement of goals and objectives
- Present and effectively communicate identified audit issues to Management and the Engagement Manager.
- Develop advanced audit skills and begin developing risk assessment and project management skills
- Deepen knowledge of the organization, operations, policies and procedures (including banking laws and regulations) under which Truist operates.
- Create work papers in line with Truist Audit Services procedures and documentation requirements.
- Work independently with minimal oversight to ensure work is completed on time and within deadlines.
Receive constructive feedback and apply to future assignments. QUALIFICATIONS Required Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field or equivalent education and related training or experience.
- Four to six years of banking, auditing or other relevant experience related to area of responsibility.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong knowledge of audit principles, practices, and methodologies including risk assessment, and audit documentation.
- Good aptitude for learning analytical, audit and/or facilitation skills.
- Ability to grasp the underlying concepts in complex information.
- Ability to identify root causes of problems.
- Ability to formulate solutions based on a synthesis of information.
- Proficiency in computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities of varying complexities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Possess appropriate professional certification or be a certification candidate. 2. Possess knowledge of Truist Audit Services audit software and business specific software. OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Sitting/Standing/Walking/Bending/Lifting Sitting (if checked, indicate frequency) Constantly (More than 50% of the time) Standing (if checked, indicate frequency) Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time) Visual / Audio / Speaking Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone. Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers. Availability Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need. Travel (Must select one) Minimal and up to 10% Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.