Truist Software Engineer - Android in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0028545
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Support a major critical application or group of related critical applications within Data and Technology Services (D&TS) as a technical expert.
- Work closely with product, design and UX to develop a new banking experience
- Contribute to the development of Android applications
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies
- Design, develop, and refine features and functionality
- Develop and maintain high quality code using industry best practices
- Publishing builds through pipeline and app store submission process.
- Instruct, direct and quality assure the work of other developers and analysts.
- Gather client requirements, analyze, design and create complex application solutions.
Prepare detailed specifications from which complex programs will be written. Required Skills and Competencies:
3+ years of experience developing high availability applications for the Android platform
- Fluent in Kotlin or Java
- Strong UI development skills
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming techniques including Coroutines
- Experience implementing applications based on MVVM and Clean Architecture
- Solid understanding of test driven development (TDD)
- Experience with network libraries like RetroFit and REST APIs
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities focusing on application design, test driven development, and code quality
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) a plus
- Well versed in source control, especially Git
- Past experience working in Financial industry is a plus Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.