Truist Sr Financial Analyst in Charlotte, North Carolina
Req ID: R0027622
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Under limited direction, complete a variety of complex financial, regulatory and/or business analyses of financial information, trend analyses, revenue performance and expense management. Coordinate with other departments in the preparation of such analyses. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management. Serve as a project resource for initiatives with potential financial reporting impact.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below.
Specific activities may change from time to time.
Respond to inquiries and provide analyses of financial information for assigned area of responsibility. Confer with Accounting Policy or Regulatory Reporting on requests related to external audits or regulatory examinations.
Compile and submit timely and accurate reports related to complex aspects of the company’s financial performance.
These may include: income/expense; regulatory data, Plan projections; variance analyses and explanations for financial statement line items; or summaries, charts and graphs of data to highlight key results.
Ensure that source data is reliable and complete and documentation is maintained to support data integrity initiatives.
Monitor financial performance to detect unusual or significant transactions or trend development, and escalate to management as appropriate.
Become familiar with products, fees and fee codes, business cycles, origination channels, regulatory reporting requirements and accounting flow for assigned area of responsibility.
Maintain financial information via the use of simple spreadsheets to more complex databases.
Maintain necessary documentation of source data ensuring adequate support of data integrity.
Prepare and maintain documentation of business unit processes and procedures.
Analyze business and accounting processes for control and efficiency improvements.
Maintain a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Confer with Accounting Policy and External Reporting on the impact of specific changes.
Maintain a working knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements.
Confer with Regulatory Reporting on the impact of specific changes.
Assist respective line of business personnel with the monthly performance review package by preparing and providing explanation of changes and identification of trends for use in discussions with Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and other members of Executive Management.
Serve as project resource on critical assignments, as required.
Evaluate the impact of proposed changes on assigned area and corporate controls, systems, processes, and personnel, as required. Required Skills and Competencies:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent education and related training.
- Five years of relevant accounting experience, including complex financial analysis.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products.
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight. Desired Skills:
Professional designation of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Mathematics or Finance.
- Three years financial services accounting experience.
- Specific experience and training in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Hyperion, Workiva or similar systems.
- Advanced computer skills (Data Base Management, Visual Basic Programming, Financial modeling). Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.