Truist Licensed Premier Banker in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Req ID: R0025722
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Deepen client relationships around banking, credit, investments, trust and estate, and insurance with Wealth Preferred Advisor segment clients. Focus on clients that meet the BB&T Wealth Division Preferred client definition. Located within a centralized team, act as the primary point of contact and key advisor for Preferred Advisor segment clients within assigned BB&T region. Provide comprehensive advice and tailored strategies to help clients achieve their financial goals and objectives. Build and maintain successful and effective partnerships with internal Integrated Relationship Management (IRM) partners including Market Leaders, Private Advisors, Investment Counselors, Insurance Specialists, Wealth Lending Officers, Small Business Specialists, Mortgage Loan Officers, etc., and be accountable for relationship selectivity and acquisition. Develop and maintain the overall relationship strategy, and engage, lead and coordinate IRM partnerships to deliver financial solutions to the client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time. 1. Develop and deliver video and in-person presentations to small and large groups alike in order to demonstrate and train on the value of a Preferred Advisor relationship with both internal and external partners in a prepared and extemporaneous format. 2. Leverage business knowledge and the Trusted Advisor Process to call upon potential and existing clients. Determine appropriate strategies to meet client needs by recommending financial solutions for Preferred Advisor segment clients. 3. Assess, define, prioritize and monitor client goals by conducting financial assessments, discovery sessions and annual reviews with new and existing Preferred Advisor segment clients, to include an analysis of a client's cash management, credit, investments, risk management and estate planning situation. 4. Help clients set and prioritize goals and develop customized solutions, set a progress timeline to implement multiple strategies and/or solutions, and ensure follow-up. 5. Work with clients and potential clients to coordinate information gathering, development and delivery of financial profiling and goal establishment using EMPOWER. Liaise between client and appropriate internal and external partners to implement all solutions and/or recommendations presented in the plan. 6. Proactively call IRM partners within the assigned BB&T region on identified key IRM partnerships. 7. Proactively build relationships with potential and existing clients to meet business objectives. 8. Demonstrate a strong awareness of IRM partner opportunities across all lines of business to serve clients. 9. Work within the existing audit, compliance and regulatory framework to ensure a high quality, compliant book of business. 10. Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline and other pertinent information using the bank's contact management system. 11. Stay abreast of changing economic, legal, financial planning and investment trends and general market and business issues impacting Mass Affluent clients. Serve as a personal financial advisory resource for clients, their attorneys and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training 2. Four years of direct sales experience in Financial Services, or eight years of sales experience in a related industry 3. Five years of demonstrated leadership ability 4. NASD Series 7, 66 or equivalent licenses
Applicable state life and health licenses
Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check
Extensive knowledge and experience in investments, banking, insurance, and lending products to provide appropriate recommendations to meet client needs and financial goals
- Results-oriented with a proven track record of outstanding ability to motivate and influence others to accomplish objectives
- Proven track record of consultative communication and relationship-building skills, leading to client service, fulfillment and delight in previous roles
- Highly motivated self-starter; dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and a keen ability to convey a sense of urgency to achieve business goals and exceed expectations
- Excellent verbal, written and phone communication skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing environment
- Respected business partner with ability to demonstrate value-add to the broader team and diplomatically handle conflict
- Demonstrated ability to engage and foster effective revenue-generating IRM partnerships
- Demonstrated team player and collaborator who can transform knowledge and experience into strong productive relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Desired Skills:
- Master's degree
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.