Truist Defined Benefits Administration Manager in Greensboro, North Carolina
Req ID: R0027096
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Coordinate and manage all functions related to pension plan benefit calculations, valuation data updates, plan administrator listings, and participant benefits statements, including designing process procedures and system procedures, responsible for compliance and quality control in the benefit calculation and valuation data update arenas, writes system script for plans, provides supervision, training and coaching to Administration Team Analysts, serves as project manager for complex benefit calculation projects, and performs peer review of benefit calculations. Also attends client prospect meetings as necessary and participates as a member of the actuarial services management team providing strategic observations and recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor Administration Team members.
- Oversee operation of plan participant call center.
Develop and update benefit calculation and administration manual work product for clients.
Develop and update work procedures for department to produce work product for clients within defined benefit (DB) administration software.
Responsible for maintenance of ongoing evaluation of work procedures to enhance efficiency.
- Perform reviews of benefit calculations.
- Train new and existing team members on all defined benefit software tools and procedures for benefit calculations and data reconciliation.
- Review, update and implement processes for all DB administration software tools.
- Review, create and update coding of individual Plan provisions in DB administration software.
- Review benefit calculations for Administration Team analysts.
- Attend client prospect meetings (as necessary) and internal oversight committee meetings.
- Act as the project manager for large benefit calculation projects such as plan terminations, lump sum windows, early retirement windows, plan freezes, etc.
- Design, maintain and implement training program for Administration Team analysts to ensure they have the knowledge and the ability to meet the standards of their job descriptions.
- Assist analysts in solving benefit calculation problems and other work related problems or obstacles to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Participate in weekly production meetings.
- Verify that plan amendments and plan documents are reviewed by assigned analyst and provide second-level review.
- Ensure that procedures are correctly followed by team members. Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
- Seven or more years of experience with an actuarial firm performing benefit calculations
- Excellent math and communication skills with attention to detail
Must be able to read and interpret legal documents, pension law, and regulations
Ability to analyze unique situations and apply pertinent fundamental principles and regulatory guidance, appropriately to new situations.
- Microsoft Suite knowledge
- Ability to travel as required Desired Skills:
Prior experience with training others, both formally and on this job.
Prior management and supervisory experience within a defined benefit team. McGriff Insurance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.