Truist Mobile Xamarin Application Developer--Telecommuter in greenwich, Connecticut
Req ID: R002738511_1
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
VIRTUAL POSITION--Main Office is in Harrisburg PA but accepting applications in US mainland, preferably east coast but open depending on skillset Support a major application or group of related applications within Data and Technology Services (D&TS) as a technical expert.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Identify and plan for new features
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Suggest and implement new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
- Use and adapt existing web applications for apps
- Document technical approach and required input and output specifications to support ongoing development, maintenance, and enhancement of software solutions.
- Perform thorough unit testing and correct identified defects. Preferably with experience in test-driven development practices and automated unit testing.
- Communicate with users to understand their needs and experiences
- Work with the quality assurance team to review requirements, resolve issues, and to ensure software quality.
- Provide application support insights and documentation for first-level helpdesk staff, and remain responsive to escalation of complex problems for research, analysis, resolution and on-call support.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs. Preferably with a focus on simplification, reusability, and maintainability.
- Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle Standards (SDLCS) and applicable Data and Technology Services Policies and Standards.
- Regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback and adjust as necessary Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and related training
- Four years of experience as a software developer, software engineer, or similar role
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Suitable working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Able and willing to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to train others
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight * Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.