Truist Senior ODM Developer Consultant in Houston, Texas
Req ID: R0027894
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Primary Purpose: Support a major critical application or group of related critical applications within the Application Delivery Services (ADS) group as a technical expert. Leverage subject matter expertise in three tier architecture, UI development, and cloud development and deployment to offer insights into best practices. Significant contributor in SQL database design and query/SSRS report development. Articulate technical concepts to all levels of management. Adapt and perform on a scrum team in varying capacities - from senior technical lead to contributor.
CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN TEXAS OR CHARLOTTE NC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work as a top-level technical expert with clients, analysts, programmers and other team members to develop high quality solutions to complex business problems.
- Handle complex design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Ensure cross-media (i.e. desktop, mobile) UI / UX considerations are incorporated into application design and delivery.
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements.
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements.
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting.
- Instruct, direct and quality assure the work of other developers and analysts, as required.
- Gather/interpret client requirements, analyze, design and create complex application solutions.
- Prepare detailed technical design specifications that support assigned user stories.
- Develop and integrate complex queries to meet the design specifications for moderate to complex enhancements or change requests.
- Perform thorough unit testing and correct identified defects.
- Work with the QA testing team to resolve issues and to ensure quality of developed products.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Provide support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and, from time to time, on-call support.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment.
- Participate in educational opportunities, read professional publication, maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations. Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues Recommend improvements to existing software programs.
- Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle Standards (SDLCS) and all applicable Data and Technology Services Policies and Standards.
- Display expert knowledge of continuous integration practices, source code management and deployment strategies.
- Regularly communicate with management and both onshore and offshore colleagues. Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent education and related training
- Fifteen+ years of experience and high proficiency with most of the following technologies and concepts:
- ODM development experience prefered
- Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Git
- Three-tiered architecture – contribution in all tiers
- Information security best practices including implementation of authentication and authorization in applications
- Information Technology performance/scalability principles
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services
- Mainframe, distributed, web, and/or networking technologies
- Design tools and techniques
- Technology testing and change implementation best practices
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to lead, direct and train teams of developers and analysts, as required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel as needed
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.