Truist Wealth Advisor in Memphis, Tennessee
Req ID: R0024642
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Identify, develop and maintain a portfolio of the most financially complex and important revenue generating client relationships within the defined affluent market segment within the BB&T footprint. Utilize objective and sound personal financial planning and financial advisory concepts to provide an integrated delivery of a broad range of retail products and services including financial planning, Investment management, personal trust and estate planning, insurance and risk management services, strategic credit, and mortgage credit, and general banking services to affluent clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time. 1. Serve as the primary point of contact, integration and responsibility for affluent clients. Sell, deliver and provide ongoing service for a broad range of fee income and retail banking products and services appropriate to affluent clients. WA’s should deliver a level of personalized, attentive service that clients deem outstanding. 2. Establish and periodically update understanding of client financial needs and conditions based upon sound profiling and personal financial planning analysis. Actively monitor directly assigned investment accounts for adherence to investment and asset allocation objectives and policies. 3. Work with clients and prospects to coordinate the information gathering and delivery of financial plans utilizing Wealth Financial Planning partners. In addition, work with the client and appropriate internal and external partners to implement all solutions. 4. Meet revenue growth, profitability and retention goals by developing new clients for portfolio and expanding services and marketing new products to existing clients. Successfully participate in the BB&T Decathlon sales management process, which includes, but is not limited to, the delivery of the Perfect Client Experience behaviors, support of the BB&T segmentation models, full use of the automated sales process and support of referral processes and guidelines. 5. Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various product and service specialists (IRM partners) who are designated to support client service and development efforts. Ensure an integrated and seamless approach to developing, servicing and enhancing client portfolio. Serve as an advocate for clients with other business units. 6. Source Wealth Lending opportunities and work with Wealth Lending Officer to evaluate and extend credit and terms in accordance with BB&T lending policy. 7. Assume responsibility for proper documentation and proper review of clients’ financial statement. 8. Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline and other pertinent information using the bank’s contact management system. 9. Establish and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships with centers of influence such as internal regional partners (e.g. Business Servicing Officer (BSOs)), Corporate Bankers, local advisory board members), and external partners such as Certified Public Accountant (CPAs), attorneys, civic associations and other individuals and organizations that will enhance business development efforts. 10. Keep abreast of changing economic, legal, financial planning, investment trends and general market and business issues impacting affluent clients. Serve as a personal financial planning/advisory resource for clients, their attorneys and CPAs. 11. Work within existing audit, compliance and regulatory framework in order to ensure a high quality, compliant portfolio of client relationships. 12. Provide mentoring to less experienced BB&T Wealth staff in support of establishing an extraordinarily high level of professionalism, client service and responsiveness.
- Participate in the ongoing implementation and development of the BB&T Wealth program, including processes, products, services and operating policies and procedures Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business, accounting, finance, banking or equivalent education and related training
- Minimum of ten years of experience working with affluent clients dealing with banking, investments, or financial planning or equivalent experience in outside sales and/or relationship management
- Five years of retail lending experience
- Advanced knowledge of a broad range of personal financial planning/advisory and investment management/asset allocation concepts and understanding of retail credit and traditional retail bank products for the affluent market
- Strong interpersonal, sales and relationship management skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- NASD Series 7,66 or equivalent licenses (or completion within first 90 days of employment)
- Completion or enrollment in professional level certification programs such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Accredited Asset Management Specialist, Certified Trust and Financial Advisor, Chartered Life Underwriter or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Applicable state and health licenses
- Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Desired Skills:
- Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or banking
- Completion of established management or career development program such as BB&T’s Leadership Development Program (LDP) or BB&T Banking School Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.