Truist ADS Senior Developer Consultant in Raleigh, North Carolina
Req ID: R0026212
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Support a major critical application or group of related critical applications within the Application Delivery Services (ADS) group as a technical expert. Work at the highest level of software development. Articulate technical concepts to all levels of management. Perform as a technical lead and work on all phases of software development in the organization's systems infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time. 1. Work as a top-level technical expert with clients, analysts, programmers and other team members to develop technical solutions to complex business problems. 2. Handle complex program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. 3. Ensure user experience considerations are incorporated into the program design and delivered solution. 4. Conceive, design and support applications with n-tier architectures with a solid understanding of Services Oriented Architecture and APIs. 5. Instruct, direct and quality assure the work of other developers and analysts. 6. Gather client requirements, analyze, design and create complex application solutions. 7. Prepare detailed specifications from which complex programs will be written. 8. Develop and integrate complex application code to meet the design specifications for moderate to complex enhancements or change requests. 9. Perform thorough unit testing and correct identified defects. 10. Work with the testing team to resolve issues and to ensure software quality. 11. Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. 12. Obtain and license software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommend purchases and testing and approving products. 13. Provide application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and on-call support. 14. Stay abreast by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment. 15. Participate in educational opportunities, read professional publication, maintain personal networks, participate in professional organizations. 16. Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues 17. Recommend improvements to existing software programs. 18. Develop software solutions by studying information needs, confer with users, study systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigate problem areas and follow the software development lifecycle. 19. Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle Standards (SDLCS) and all applicable Data and Technology Services Policies and Standards. 20. Display expert knowledge of continuous integration practices, source code management and deployment strategies. 21. Regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues. Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. 1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent education and related training
- 15+ years of technology experience and high proficiency with the following
• 10+ years of combined experience with Java Enterprise applications, database analysis & design
• 5+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/REST integration (building and consumption)
• 3+ years of solid and recent experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
• Experience in an Agile development team, preferably SAFe
• Must have knowledge of API design standards, patterns, and best practices especially REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, XML, Microservices, ESB, etc.
• Experience making complex back-end architecture design choices
• Experience with API design standards, and patterns including security and performance
• Demonstrable knowledge of relational databases (SQL-Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle) & ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
• Experience with Test Drive Development & associated technologies (JUnit, Mockito)
• Technology testing and change implementation best practices
Highly competent communications (verbal and written) and software development skills
Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
Ability to lead, direct and train teams of ADS Developers and Systems Analysts and others
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Preferred Skills • Experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
• Experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms including Containers, Kubernetes
• Front-end UI/UX experience using Angular Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.