Truist IT Solutions Architect--Managed File Transmission Services in Raleigh, North Carolina
Req ID: R0026161
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Derive technology solution specifications and supporting non-functional requirements from business requirements and design solutions that support core organizational functions while assuring high availability and other performance goals. Gain organizational commitment for technology systems and software plans and assist in evaluating and selecting technologies required to complete those plans. Provide integrated technology-related technical expertise and leadership across various technical domains, from conceptualization and project planning to the post-implementation support level. Principally works, under limited supervision, with Business Unit (BU) personnel, external vendors, and internal IT Services personnel including Enterprise Architects, Application Development Services (ADS) Architects, Project Management, Information Security and other IT Operations Services teams to develop solution specifications in compliance with corporate technology and architecture standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Provide infrastructure solution expertise as it relatesto Enterprise Managed File Transmission Services, requirements, and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Solutions Architects, and application development teams.
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define infrastructure requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Software patches, upgrades and Infrastructure installations
- Ensuring overall System health Maintain system compliance with security requirements
- Production support for all the software used to support the Transmission Services
- Where applicable, design, and oversee development and implementation of end-to-end integrated infrastructure solutions.
- Document the company’s existing solution architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Develop, document, and communicate needs for investing in infrastructure evolution, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Liaison with Enterprise Architects to conduct research on emerging technologies, and recommend technologies that will increase operational efficiency, infrastructure flexibility and operational stability.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent education and related training
- At least five years of demonstrated experience of systems engineeringwithin an Enterprise Managed File Transmission Service, along with experience in the information technology areas of networking, telecommunications, desktops, servers, storage, security and web in a medium to large corporation.
- Exposure to and good working knowledge of systems integration involving both IBM Mainframe as well as distributed environments involving Internet Protocols
- Ability to derive technical specifications from business requirements and express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to multi-disciplinary teams, in verbal as well as in written form
- Ability to grasp the ‘big picture’ for a solution by considering all potential options and impacted areas Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies
- Excellent understanding of client service models and customer orientation in service delivery
Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office products Ability to travel as needed Desired Skills:
At least 5 years’ demonstrated extensive experience with IBM/Sterling File Gateway or Sterling Integrator.
- Demonstrated working experience with the Mainframe, Windows and UNIX operating environment.
- Prior experience in a Data Transmission environment.
- Independently and consistently demonstrate the ability to apply the technical knowledge relating to an understanding of communication, networking, and internet technologies.
This includes such technologies as FTP, SSH, SSL, AS2 and digital certificate Demonstrated working knowledge of the following applications including installation and configuration:
IBM/Sterling File Gateway or Sterling Integrator
- IBM/Sterling Secure Proxy
- IBM/Sterling Connect:Direct on Mainframe (z/OS), Unix/Linux, Windows
IBM/Sterling Control Center
Working knowledge of XML / Business Process modeling / xPath Working knowledge of network routing/protocols, firewalls, and TCP/IP.
- Understanding of encryption protocols and various encryption software, such as PGP, GPG, PKI.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server technologies (WINS, DNS, Clustering).
- Understanding of LDAP, Active Directory, and other authentication systems.
- Understanding of SQL and database structures.
- Excellent working knowledge of UNIX Shell Scripting
- Working knowledge of OS/390/zOS and JCL.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.