Truist Site Reliability Engineer - Infrastructure in Raleigh, North Carolina
Req ID: R0030748
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Serve as a lead engineer on numerous leading edge, complex state-of-the art technologies, theories, and/or techniques. A highly skilled Infrastructure Engineer in the organization; serves as leader, collaborator, innovator, role model, champion and subject matter expert
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Lead existing and emerging technology and development processes, ensuring that technologies and processes are aligned with the goals and strategies of the Truist business strategy.
* Develop/invent highly innovative PaaS and IaaS type solutions within multiple technologies, theories and/or techniques that affect IT strategy.
* Understand and train teammates on critical infrastructure platforms like: Openshift, Datapower, BPM, Microservices, WebSphere, Tomcat, Database(DB2, Oracle, SQL), messaging (MQ, Mulesoft), OS: Redhat/AIX/Windows, VMware, Cisco UCS, Netezza, Cisco Network devices(Switch, Load Balancer (F5), Nexus, EMC Storage/Backup, Docker, Cloud(Azure, AWS, Google)
* Use of “Chaos Engineering” (Gremlin) in order to build confidence in the systems capability to withstand unstable and unexpected conditions.
* Engineer will proactively build and implement services to make Operations teams better at their jobs. This can be anything from adjustments to monitoring and alerting to code changes in production.
* Engineer can be tasked with building a homegrown tool from scratch to help with weaknesses in software delivery or incident management.
* Must have an automation first mentality, identifying opportunities to eliminate manual tasks, increase resiliency, and focus on insuring critical business processes are available for client’s needs. (Python, Perl, Bash, .NET, PowerShell, Ansible, Chef, Terraform etc.)
* Build strong partnerships with senior management to drive development of TRUIST’s strategy across IT and other functions. Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent education and related training
* Eight years of experience with distributed systems in Information Technology
* An extensive understanding of applied enterprise computing technology
* Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
* Thorough knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis and systems tuning. Adept with network interfaces and technologies
* Knowledge of multiple programming/script languages with proficiency in development of systems and program interfaces
* Good verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Desired Skills:
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.