Truist Software Engineer - Apigee/TIBCO in Raleigh, North Carolina
Req ID: R0030609
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Digital API/Open Banking Software Engineer will be part of the Digital agile development team to ensure the successful development of defined initiatives and solutions for our retail, small business, wealth and commercial clients and tackling the opportunities to work with Third-Party companies to leverage our external APIs.
The Software Engineering team will be responsible for performing software development tasks, working with cross-functional scrum teams and providing some level of operational support to ensure Digital and Open Banking APIs meet business and user requirements. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Will be responsible for interface analysis, rationalization, declaration & definition, development and implementation of Digital API/Open Banking.
- Work with Product Management Teams, Digital Applications Teams, Line of businesses, Enterprise Architecture team, Enterprise API Delivery and other technology teams to ensure their solutions effectively address program priorities while balancing client experience and technical integrity for Open Banking/Digital APIs.
- Work with Digital Platform Delivery teams, Digital Channel and Innovation LOBs, Enterprise Architecture and cyber security teams to rationalize and implement Digital API/Open Banking solutions
- Work with API Evangelist and Product Management Team to enhance process and onboard 3rd party developers and organizations to leverage Truist APIs
- Prepare detailed technical specifications from which Digital API/Open Banking integration aspects will be technically developed.
- Design, develop, test, debug and document Digital API/Open Banking components in on-premise, hybrid cloud and/or public cloud environments.
- Develop and integrate complex application code to meet the API design specifications for complex enhancements and change requests.
- Work with the Testing Team to perform thorough unit testing and correct defects that have been identified
- Publish builds through pipeline and app store submission process.
- Instruct, direct and quality assure the work of other developers and analysts.
- Brainstorming new features, improvements and ability to train peers
- Provide application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and on-call support.
- Work on multiple highly visible, business critical projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Possess strong understanding of digital services and API Management platforms
- Applied knowledge of Enterprise IT Infrastructure deployment patterns and familiarity with server compute, virtualization, storage, network, etc.
- Familiarity of API design standards, patterns, and best practice implementation of REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, Microservices, ESB, etc.
- Development and knowledge of messaging platforms such as IBM MQ and TIBCO EMS
- Strong knowledge of API development, testing and implementation using API platforms such as Mulesoft, TIBCO BusinessWorks 5.x, Java Spring Boot; TIBCO BusinessWorks 6.x is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of API portals such as Apigee and CA Layer 7
- Strong knowledge of Middleware technologies and Micro-services architecture
- Ability to develop with SQL and knowledge of DB platforms such as DB2
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline and source control with GitLab and other tools
- Knowledge and applied experience with Build Automation tools such as Maven/Chef/Ansible
- Proven ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written, and demonstrated ability to document APIs and code design
Ability to travel overnight, if required Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent education and related training
- Fifteen years of experience in application design and programming
- Extremely competent in all phases of applications systems analysis, design and programming
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to train others
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Education, Background and Preferred Skills
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent field required
- 7+ years of information technology industry work experience required
- 5+ years of hands-on design, application development, and implementation experience in API and ESB Platforms, deployment of REST APIs, and Microservices using Apigee, CA Layer 7 / Mulesoft / TIBCO
- 3+ years of experience in creating secure REST/SOAP services using SOA/Microservices, ESB technologies for large scale enterprise
- Experience with SOA, Web Services and large distributed systems required
- Knowledge of Agile software processes including Scrum and Kanban
- Agile / SAFe certification and/or experience is a plus
- Previous Experience working in the Financial Industry is a plus
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.