Truist Software Engineer II - Open API QA Testing in Raleigh, North Carolina
Req ID: R0030602
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Digital API/Open Banking QA Analysts will be part of the Digital agile development team to ensure the successful development of defined initiatives and solutions for our retail, small business, wealth and commercial client and tackling the opportunities to work with Third-Party companies to leverage our external APIs.
Deliver technically complex solutions. Perform system integration support for all project work. Consult and partner with the business product owners to understand the end goal and offer solutions and recommendations during the design.
The QA team will be responsible for performing automation of test scenarios and cases, defect management, working with software development and cross-functional scrum teams and providing some level of operational support to ensure Digital and Open Banking APIs meet business and user requirements. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Will be responsible for QA testing, supporting development and implementation of Client Messaging platforms and APIs
* Work with Product Management Teams, Digital Applications Teams, Line of businesses, Enterprise Architecture team, Enterprise API Delivery and other technology teams to deliver solutions for Client Messaging and Alerts through email, secure message, SMS, chat and messaging platforms
* Work with Digital Platform Delivery teams, Digital Channel and Innovation LOBs, Enterprise Architecture and cyber security teams to rationalize and implement Client Messaging solutions
* Collaborate with business and technical teams to define Client Messaging and Alerts design requirements.
* Oversee/participate in the creation and execution of complex test scenarios and cases.
* Work with the Development and Test Team to perform thorough unit testing and correct defects that have been identified.
* Report testing status via test summary and defect reporting.
* Subject matter expert from a software quality perspective for application(s) in assigned portfolio.
* Brainstorming new features, improvements and ability to train peers on best of breed software quality.
* Provide application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and on-call support.
* Work on multiple highly visible, business critical projects and initiatives simultaneously.
* Applied knowledge of Enterprise IT Infrastructure deployment patterns and familiarity with server compute, virtualization, storage, network, etc.
* Proven ability in creating and managing automated tests using test framework tools and/or scripting
* Thorough understanding of application landscape (e.g. application architecture, physical and logical deployment, interfaces, dependencies) for applications in assigned portfolio.
* Familiarity of API design standards, patterns, and best practice implementation of REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, XML, Microservices, ESB, etc.
* Strong knowledge of API development, testing and implementation
* Strong knowledge of Middleware technologies and Micro-services architecture
* Knowledge of DB technologies such as DB2/SQL
* Knowledge of Client Communication platforms such as email, SMS, and secure message
* Proven ability to work independently or as a member of a team
* Proven ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
* Ability to travel overnight, if required Required Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree and four to seven years of experience or equivalent education and software engineering training or experienceIn-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement IT best practicesUnderstanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function
* Ability to plan and manage projects and solve complex problems by applying best practices
* Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
* Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information
Education, Background and Preferred Skills
* 7+ years of experience in testing and quality assurance processes
* Working knowledge of test management tools, such as HP Application Lifecycle Management or Quality Center
* Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
* Experience with SOA, Web Services and large distributed systems required
* Knowledge of Agile software processes including Scrum and Kanban
* Agile / SAFe certification and/or experience is a plus
* Six Sigma/Lean Six Sigma knowledge/certification is a plus
* International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Foundations Certification is a plus
* American Society for Quality Certified Quality Improvement Associate is a plus
* Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline and source control with GitLab or similar tools is a plus
* Knowledge and applied experience with Build Automation tools such as Maven/Chef/Ansible is a plus
* Previous Experience working in the Financial Industry is a plus Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.