Truist Software Engineer III - Java/TIBCO/Mule in Raleigh, North Carolina
Req ID: R0025760
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Client Messaging Engineers will be part of the Digital agile development team to ensure the successful development of defined initiatives and solutions for our retail, small business, wealth and commercial client and tackling the opportunities to provide exceptional client experiences for those clients. The Software Engineering team will be responsible for performing software development tasks, working with cross-functional scrum teams and providing some level of operational support to ensure Client Messaging platforms and APIs meet business and user requirements. Deliver technically complex solutions. Perform system integration support for all project work. Consult and partner with the business product owners to understand the end goal and offer solutions and recommendations during the design.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Provide technical leadership as well as play key role in delivery of secure, optimized, high quality, and well-integrated Client Messaging solutions.
* Will be responsible for end-to-end interface analysis, rationalization, declaration & definition, development and implementation of Client Messaging platforms and APIs
* Work with Product Management Teams, Digital Applications Teams, Line of businesses, Enterprise Architecture team, Enterprise API Delivery and other technology teams to deliver solutions for Client Messaging and Alerts through email, secure message, SMS, chat and messaging platforms
* Work with Digital Platform Delivery teams, Digital Channel and Innovation LOBs, Enterprise Architecture and cyber security teams to rationalize Client Messaging solutions and define integration approach.
* Collaborate with business and technical teams to define Client Messaging and Alerts design requirements.
* Prepare detailed technical specifications from which Client Messaging and Alerts integration aspects will be technically developed.
* Design, develop, test, debug and document Client Messaging and Alerts components in on-premise, hybrid cloud and/or public cloud environments.
* Instruct direct, and review the work of other associates, contractors, and strategic partner resources that are part of the team, developing and testing of Client Messaging solutions
* Provide input on performance management and personnel decisions
* Brainstorming new features, improvements and ability to train peers
* Provide Level 3 Production application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution and on-call support.
* Work on multiple highly visible, business critical projects and initiatives simultaneously.
* Applied knowledge of Enterprise IT Infrastructure deployment patterns and familiarity with server compute, virtualization, storage, network, etc.
* Strong knowledge of API design standards, patterns, and best practice implementation of REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, XML, Microservices, ESB, etc.
* Strong knowledge of API development, testing and implementation using API platforms like CA Layer 7, Mulesoft, TIBCO.
* Strong knowledge of Middleware technologies and Micro-services architecture
* Knowledge of DB technologies such as DB2/SQL
* Knowledge of Client Communication platforms such as email, SMS, and secure message
* Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline and source control with GitLab or similar tools
* Knowledge and applied experience with Build Automation tools such as Maven/Chef/Ansible
* Proven ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
* Ability to travel overnight, if required Required Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree and six to ten years of experience or equivalent education and software engineering training or experienceIn-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement IT best practicesUnderstanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function
- Ability to plan and manage projects and solve complex problems by applying best practice
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information Education, Background and Preferred Skills
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent field required
* 10+ years of information technology industry work experience required
* 7+ years of hands-on design, development, and implementation experience in API and ESB Platforms, deployment of REST APIs, and Microservices using CA Layer 7 / Mulesoft / TIBCO and Java technologies
* 5+ years of experience in creating secure REST/SOAP services using core Java/SOA/Microservices, ESB technologies for large scale enterprise
* Experience with SOA, Web Services and large distributed systems required
* Knowledge of Agile software processes including Scrum and Kanban
* Agile / SAFe certification and/or experience is a plus
* Previous Experience working in the Financial Industry is a plus
* Applied COBOL/CICIS experience is a plus Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.