Truist DevSecOps Engineer in Richmond, Virginia
Req ID: R003413511
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Build and maintain the automation and streamlining of software delivery and operations on an Agile team for new or existing software applications using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools in a DevOps lifecycle to reduce lead time, reduce costs, increase the flow of business value, increase reliability and resiliency, and enhance quality and streamline the accurate collection and display of metrics. Job Description
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Build and maintain the automation and streamlining of software delivery and operations for new or existing software applications through advanced
- proficiency and subject matter expertise in vendor tools in the DevOps lifecycle including: Infrastructure as Code; Agile and DevOps Lifecycle Management; Source Code Management; Build Orchestration; Build Management; Artifact Repository Management; Behavior Driven Development; Test Driven Development;
- Automated Testing including Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Testing;
- Static Code Analysis; Load and Performance Testing; Artifact Scanning;
- Database Schema Management, Orchestration and Recovery; Compliance Automation and Audit Trails; Configuration Management; Containers; Application Release Automation;
- Deployment Strategies and Patterns including Blue/Green Deployment, Canary Releases, and Rolling Releases;
- Logging and Log Analytics; and Performance Monitoring and Management. Make informed decisions and determine which tool best fits any given situation based on proficiencies with multiple vendor products based on each of the above capabilities.
- Champion the use of DevOps as a strategic asset of culture change to enhance the flow of business value to our clients.
- Liaise with DevOps Center for Enablement (C4E) to ensure that any centralized DevOps tools or practices are followed, and to share information about any team specific tools or practices that may benefit other teams.
- Develop and recommend best practices and use sophisticated, analytical thought to exercise judgment and design innovative solutions of an initiative or the most complex component of the DevOps lifecycle.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Active participant with the Truist Agile Guild and Agile DevOps Communities of Practice. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GEDor equivalent education and related training or experience
- Seven+ years of experience in software engineering or IT including at leastFour years of experience in a role in which the primary responsibility is
- DevOps Engineering or the development, maintenance, and support of CI/CD pipelines.
Must demonstrate ability to write code Preferred Qualifications:
College Degree in Computer Science, Math or related field of study
- Experience working in Agile teams and knowledge of Agile development & release practices.
- Experience supporting a team with DevOps in an Enterprise Agile framework (SAFe, LeSS, DAD, Enterprise Scrum, Nexus, etc.)
- Experience in the banking industry Other Job Requirements / Working Conditions
þ Sitting(if checked, indicate frequency)
Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
þ Standing(if checked, indicate frequency)
Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time)
þ Walking(if checked, indicate frequency)
Occasionally (Less than 25% of the time) ☐ Bending(if checked, indicate frequency)
Choose an item. ☐ Lifting(if checked, indicate pounds)
Choose an item.
þ Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
þ Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
þ Travel(Must select one)
Minimal and up to 10% Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.