Truist Mortgage Default Specialist in Richmond, Virginia
Req ID: R0026562
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Incumbent will be responsible for performing duties within the Foreclosure business unit to service defaulted mortgage loans in accordance with Bank policy, as well as investor, insurer and regulatory requirements. Duties will include performing timely and cost-effective foreclosure proceedings, creating foreclosure bids, reporting foreclosure sales, foreclosure document review, create default reinstatement quotes, create default payoff quotes, prepare foreclosure judgement figures, foreclosure post sale activities and other foreclosure related duties as assigned. Additionally, incumbent will be sending foreclosure letters, reviewing vendor invoices, responding to investor requests and requesting evaluations. The position will also include monitoring foreclosure files to ensure various milestones are met and overseeing the redemption and confirmation process. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimize risk through consistent and accurate application of Bank, investor, insurer and regulatory guidelines in relation to default processes.
Analyze various forms of loan and client documentation for completeness, aging and financial purposes.
Manage assigned loan population for strict adherence to applicable timeline requirements.
Complete loan research and notations of the servicing file in Mortgage Servicing Platform (MSP) and auxiliary systems.
Provide excellent customer service to clients, internal and external business partners, and vendors, both over the phone and in writing.
Track, resolve and ensure appropriate handling of client complaints by properly logging them in the appropriate system, notating a detailed explanation of the issue and resolution, and correctly routing for reporting purposes.
Maintain compliance with federal and state privacy regulations to safeguard client information.
Enhance personal and professional growth through completion of mandatory training courses within the given timeframe, as well as voluntary training and education related to job function or areas of interest.
Assist with special projects, department initiatives, remediation reviews and additional duties, as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years’ experience reviewing, reporting and organizing compliance data or business information.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance concepts and reporting.
- Professional communications and presentation skills.
Solid PC skills. Preferred Skills and Competencies:
Two years of experience in Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Post-Foreclosure, Quality Assurance, or other Mortgage Default related area
- Advanced knowledge of MSP
- Experience in any combination of finance, operations, risk management, quality assurance, banking
- Knowledge of basic collection, mortgage servicing and default servicing concepts
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and priorities wisely, as well as work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, make sound decisions and resolve issues completely
- Capable of interacting effectively and professionally with team members
- Flexibility to adapt to frequently changing processes and procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products, in addition to web conferencing technology (e.g. WebEx, GoToMeeting) and collaboration platforms (SharePoint)
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.