Truist .NET Applications Engineer II in San Diego, California
Req ID: R0034340
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Deliver technically complex solutions. Perform system integration support for all project work. Consult and partner with the business product owners to understand the end goal and offer solutions and recommendations during the design.
From a technology stack perspective we mostly work on .NET technologies and need some one who is a Sr. Solutions Engineer for Windows Applications Development. We need a strong solutions engineer who can help the team move forward and contribute to the critical projects that the teams are working on.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Develop customized coding, software integration, perform analysis, configure solutions, using tools specific to the project or the area.
* Lead and participate in the development, testing, implementation, maintenance, and support of highly complex solutions in adherence to company standards, including robust unit testing and support for subsequent release testing.
* Build non-functional monitoring capabilities and provide escalated support for highly complex applications in production. Build in and maintain security controls and monitoring in support of company standards.
* Typically lead moderately complex projects and participate in larger, more complex initiatives. Solve complex technical and operational problems.
* Act as a resource for teammates with less experience
* May oversee the work of a small team. In an Agile environment:
* Responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable tasks working directly, and engage with, the business from the beginning of the design work.
* Leverage continuous engineering practices to deliver business value regarding effectiveness of the design.
* Actively participate in refining user stories.
* Responsible for design, developing, and maintaining automated unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing.
* Responsible for providing automated monitoring capabilities, providing warranty support, and providing knowledge transfer to production support.
* Develop code in accordance with the acceptance criteria established by the Product Owner. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree and four to seven years of experience or equivalent education and software engineering training or experience
* In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement IT best practices
* Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function
* Ability to plan and manage projects and solve complex problems by applying best practices
* Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
* Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information Preferred Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related degree and eight years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Knowledge of specific applications, technology platforms, programming languages, systems, or business segments
* Banking or financial services experience.
* Knowledge of one or more of the following:
* Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
* Professional experience building high-quality apps or services from the ground up and scaling at an enterprise level Experience with Open Source tools and frameworks
* Experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP Strong understanding of SOA and/or Open API methodologies and service architectures
* Experience using web servers, application containers, caching technologies
* Solid knowledge of relational database design and development (SQL, stored procedures, data modeling) Experience with messaging systems (i.e., MQ and JMS)
* Experience with build tools, such as Git, Maven, and Jenkins.
* Proven ability to write comprehensive unit and integration tests Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.