Truist Collections Representative I in Winterville, North Carolina
Req ID: R0032627
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information.Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibilityor by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary: Regular Language Fluency: English (Required) Work Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Collect delinquent accounts in a timely, orderly and professional manner while following all standardized collections procedures. Make supervisor aware of problem accounts that may result in repossession, foreclosure, or charge-off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Meet performance expectations for collection efforts for assigned accounts based upon individual goals and objectives, e.g., minimum calls per day, contact percentage, promises/calls ratio, and promises kept.
* Place or receive calls in priority order as established by management. Negotiate payment arrangements with clients to cure delinquency, evaluating ability and willingness to pay. Navigate and interpret various screens and relay information to clients accurately and professionally.
* Determine cause of delinquency and best course of action to assist delinquent customer, including initiating extensions, reages, payment plans, and referrals to Loss Mitigation and other programs, if applicable and in accordance with established guidelines.
* Document all collection efforts for each assigned account in accordance with established procedures, which may include using action and reaction codes, rescheduling feature, “scratch pad” entries, etc. in the collection system.
* Communicate collection efforts to branch lenders on assigned accounts in accordance with established standards, if applicable.
* Order updated credit bureau report or initiate skip tracing process in accordance with established standards.
* Review files from Loan Services in accordance with established standards, if applicable.
* Communicate regularly with collections supervisor on status of problem accounts in accordance with established standards.
* Ensure that all delinquent accounts and assigned queues have been thoroughly worked according to standardized collection procedures.
* Ensure that appropriate letters are sent to debtors.
* Process customers’ payments through electronic draft, if applicable.
* Process account maintenance transactions according to established guidelines. Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
* Good time management and organizational skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to work flexible schedule, including overtime as needed
* Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
* Ability to travel, occasionally overnight Desired Skills:
* Previous collections, customer service, or sales experience
* Ability to work a flexible schedule Monday through Sunday between 8:00 am - 9:00 pm Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace. Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name. EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.